Governance and Strategic Structure
If you would like to make contact with any of the below please make initial contact with the school office:
Telephone No: 01458 210384
SHAPWICK SCHOOL ADVISORY BOARD
JUSTIN HARRIS (Role: DIRECTOR)
- Budgets and Finance
- Ensure committees meet and report to the Board
- Provide Overview Report to the Board
- Ensure Development Plan is updated and shared
- Strategic planning – ISI/Ofsted
- Represent the school within the Independent Schools’ sphere
- Safeguarding and oversight of DSL
- Staffing & Recruitment
- Disciplinary & Capability issues
- School Policies and procedures
CRONER (Role: QA HEALTH & SAFETY)
- Estate Management
- Policies, processes and procedures
- Changes in legislation
- Review of current systems and new regarding changes
- Health & Safety Audit with termly review
- Reporting findings to school formally to Estates Manager and to the Advisory Board
HILARY GREEN (Roles: QA EDUCATION)
- Hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organization.
- Establish clear expectations for executive leaders in relation to the process of educational improvement and intended outcomes.
- Defines the range and format of information and data required to hold executive leaders to account.
- Seeks evidence from executive leaders to demonstrate the appropriateness and potential impact of any proposed improvement initiatives.
- Alongside the head teacher monitor the quality of teaching and use of assessment and evaluate the impact of support provided to address any underperformance.
- Questions leaders on how the in –school assessment system in use effectively supports the attainment and progress of all pupils including those with SEND
TINA MARSDEN (Role: QA CARE)
- Independent quality assurance of all aspects of residential care as identified in the National Minimum Standards for Residential Special Schools
- Advice and support within areas related to health and wellbeing for the pupils
- Attendance as a member of the advisory board for the school
TANYA SCHOTTLANDER (Role: QA SAFEGUARDING)
- Review of Safeguarding Policy in September along with Principal
- Updates provided during the term regarding any changes to guidance and legislation that would impact on policy or procedure
- Overview of ‘open’ case and school actions
- Attendance at Advisory Board meetings
CRONER (Role: QA HR)
- Provide consultancy support on all HR matters relating to the school
- Check contents of staff files through ‘dip test’.
- Provide template letters for managers
- Advise on risks
- Attend the Advisory Board meetings on a termly basis with an update on any pertinent HR issues impacting on Shapwick School and business in general