Shapwick Sixth Form
To enable students to achieve their full potential by equipping individuals with the skills and qualifications needed to access Higher Education and employment.
Shapwick Sixth Form specialises in supporting students during their college years to overcome the challenges presented by dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia. Post 16 many pupils choose to stay at Shapwick Sixth Form to enjoy individual support with their coursework and continue to visit our therapy team. A number of pupils also join the school at 16 after taking their GCSEs in another independent or state school.
We are very proud of our partnership arrangement with Bridgwater & Taunton College and Strode College and its success in enabling students to gain the qualifications needed for their desired career path. Our students achieve impressive results and many then go onto University or secure jobs in their chosen field. The best way to experience life at Shapwick is to visit. Together with our Sixth Form colleagues, we would be delighted to show you round and demonstrate the difference Shapwick can make during those crucial sixth form years.
Personal objectives for all Shapwick Sixth Formers:
- To obtain national qualifications as offered by Bridgwater & Taunton College and Strode College.
- To take part in the social and pastoral environment of Bridgwater & Taunton College and Strode College .
- To access individual support supplied by Shapwick School.
- To access the relevant parts of the National Curriculum at Shapwick School.
- To promote and to take part in social activities at Shapwick School.
- To be role models for the younger students at the School.
- To take part in social and formal events of the School.
- To abide by School regulations.
- To act in a safe and honest manner.
- To act as ambassadors for the School.
Partnership with Colleges
For more information about Bridgwater & Taunton College please visit www.btc.ac.uk
For more information about Strode College please visit www.strode-college.ac.uk